I got electrocuted trying to fix the gas furnace

It was a cold December morning right after the Thanksgiving holiday and my heating system had malfunctioned. It had stopped working early that morning around 3 AM. Since it was a holiday weekend, most heating corps were closed. I was getting super cold and because of it, all sleep had escaped me. So I took to the internet to try and find a solution. I also referred to the energy-saving help tips booklet that the professionals had given me. I could not find a solution in the booklet, but there was a video on the internet illustrating one of the ways to solve such an issue. I knew the gas had not run out because the gas fireplace at my neighbor’s house was working. We used the same gas line. The video illustrated the steps taken during a furnace/heater tune-up session. I used a long DIY brush that could easily go through the ductwork, to do the duct cleaning. Once the HVAC ducts were clean, I removed the washable filters and cleaned them as well. When I was installing the filter, I felt a zap run through my arm into my heart than my head, and I was thrown about 5feet Noaway. I had been electrocuted by a live wire. It had reacted to my wet hands causing the shock. After that, I went to bed, piling up all the duvets I own. The gas furnace stayed broken down for two more days until the HVAC repairman restored the quality of the whole home heating. The heating provider also checked the boiler installation to ensure all was okay. I learned to leave the home services to the professionals.

Commercial HVAC for sale