If you have a heating system in your lake house like most of us do, then you really need to invest in something called a carbon monoxide alarm.
A lot of people wonder if their lake lake house needs to have a carbon monoxide detector in it, however the answer is pretty much always a yup.
Anytime that you have a heating system that burns solid or liquid fuel for heating or even cooking, then you need to have a carbon monoxide detector installed. Most homes these days have an attached garage that houses cars or other gas powered equipment, then so even if you do not have appliances that burn fuel, you still are going to have something that could possibly give off carbon monoxide. If someone in your family breathes in carbon monoxide, then they can become honestly sick or even worse! When you have heating device or other appliances that are used around your home, it does not even matter how energy efficient they are; Carbon monoxide is still created and it’s honestly pressing to make sure that you do not have higher levels in your lake house than are safe. Most heating appliances that burn fuel are okay when they are installed properly and typically ran tests on throughout the year, usually they are not dangerous at all. However, if the exhaust system gets clogged up, then it can lead to dangerous carbon monoxide levels in your lake lake house and decreased indoor air quality. If you have a wood burning stove, a wood burning fireplace, an oil gas furnace,, or even a space heater, then always be sure to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed on every floor of your home.